The Elective module should broaden and enrich your individual study programme and integrate well into an individual student's career.
It lends itself to the study of Soft Skills such as scientific writing, writing a research proposal, working in a granting agency, scientific publishing, patent-related skills, biological safety courses etc. The Elective Module may also be used to gain international or applied research experience, for example in an industrial or ecological context or to broaden the student´s view on a specific research area.
An individual project in a research group (compareable to the Project Module) is also accepted for the elective module.
The following specific elective modules will be acknowledged.
- Accelerate your career! Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Leadership for MINT students (offered every term, 3 CP, check the webpage for mathematics and natural sciences!)
- Competence trainings, courses and lectures offered by the ProfessionalCenter (usually 3 CP, for example)
- Language courses offered by the university (providing new proficiency).
- Online course nature Masterclasses: Training in Scientific Writing and Publishing (further info will be added shortly)
- MN-B-EM 1: Flipped Neuroanatomy (starting in February 2019, 4-weeks full time, 6 CP; with additional oral presentation 9 CP)
- MN-B-EM 2: Interdisciplinary College
- MN-B-EM 3: Allgemeine Pharmakologie und Toxikologie
- MN-B-EM 4: Data analysis in the life sciences
- MN-B-EM 5: Evolution and Biodiversity of Lower Vertebrates (starting 19.02.2018, 4-weeks fulls time, 8 CP)
- MN-B-EM 6: Introduction to Scientific Programming in Python with Application to Neural Data Analysis (3 CP)